You are here: Home
Job Title: Constituency Assistant (fixed term)
Location: Wirral / remote working
Salary: £21,529 - £22,500
Margaret Greenwood MP is looking for a Constituency Assistant to work with her busy team on a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2021 to help meet increased demand in constituency casework as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. The work will involve dealing with a very wide range of issues affecting Wirral West residents.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills, excellent listening skills, the ability to handle sensitive issues with tact, a high level of literacy and attention to detail, experience of problem-solving and a good understanding of current politics, including a commitment to Labour values.
• Deal with queries from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate; these may be telephone surgeries.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Assess and respond to standard email queries from Wirral West residents on a very wide range of issues in a timely manner.
• Assist with complex cases raised by Wirral West residents.
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work from home; there may also be a requirement to work outside of normal office hours and travel for work occasionally.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further information. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 August 2020
Interview Date: Interviews will be held on 18 September 2020 via the Internet
Please apply by sending your CV along with a letter outlining your suitability for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the names of two referees; referees will only be contacted in the event of an offer of employment being made.
Please note that we are only in a position to reply to those applicants who are short-listed.