You are here: Home / Parliament
Parliament has been dissolved until after the general election and I am no longer an MP.

My main focus in Parliament is to represent the people of Wirral West and to raise issues of concern to people here in debates or in questions to Ministers. Please contact me if you want to raise an issue.

You can find all of my speeches, interventions in debates and questions to Ministers in Parliament in Hansard on the UKParliament website.  

Parliamentary commitments permitting, I am always very happy to meet people from Wirral West who are visiting Westminster, either for a tour or to lobby on an issue. Please do get in touch with my office if you want to arrange this.

Tours of Parliament or Big Ben

Constituents can arrange tours through their MP although there are times during the year when only commercial tours operate. You can find out when these are at

I am very happy to help organise tours of Parliament or of Big Ben for anyone living in Wirral West. Please email me or contact my Westminster office for more details.

There is always heavy demand as you can imagine so it is helpful if you can give as much notice as possible to avoid being disappointed.

There is especially heavy demand for tours of Big Ben and tours are booked several months in advance. Please note that children under the age of 11 are not able to take the tour. You can find more details of tours of Big Ben at

School parties

There are specific arrangements for school parties. The Parliamentary Education Centre organises workshops for schools visiting Parliament as well as tours. There are more details at