You are here: Home
Caseworker (initial 6 month contract)
Margaret Greenwood MP (Wirral West)
£19,641 - £27,876
This position will be responsible for responding to case work in a busy Parliamentary Constituency Office supporting Margaret Greenwood MP in Wirral West.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Ability to handle issues with discretion and sensitivity.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Experience of record keeping.
• Good attention to detail.
• Commitment to the Labour Party ethos.
• Understanding of data protection legislation.
• Experience of handling case work in an MP/social services/council/CAB or similar environment.
• Available to work some evenings/weekends.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further information.
Tuesday 29 August 2017
Interviews will take place on Friday 8 September 2017. Applicants should be free to take up the post as soon as possible. Job offers are conditional on full security checks and references.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter (max two pages) explaining why you are interested in applying for this post with brief details of your most recent experience and a two page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line “Job Application: Caseworker”. Alternatively, address your application in writing to Margaret Greenwood MP, Hilbre House, 35a Market Street, Hoylake, Wirral CH47 2BG.
We are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, your application has not been accepted for this role.